Sunday, 25 October 2009

Well, she needed one!

This afternoon, DH took the children to the park so that I could dye my hair without one or other of them trying to climb up onto my knee. Now when you're alone in the house, with a headful of brown Nice & Easy, what are you going to do to pass the time? Why, make Laura a new dressing gown of course!

Okay, so I could have tackled the pile of UFOs that somehow built up while I was busy working. Or I could have cleaned the kitchen. But I wanted to sew something quick & easy & fun - the kind of bonus, unplanned frivolous sewing you do when you are unexpectedly given some time. And Laura really did need a new dressing gown. The problem was I didn't have a pattern. Or rather, I had one that was single-sized for a much smaller child than Laura.



With a fair amount of hacking (which would have been more accurate if I'd got the measuring tape involved!) and some very quick & dirty sewing, I produced this fleecy whale robe.
It isn't perfect - I would have been surprised beyond measure if it had been - but it's better than the too-small hand-me-down Thomas the Tank Engine robe she's been wearing for the last couple of months. And it's pink with whales on it, so she really likes it. Job done!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...