Sunday 25 October 2009

Well, she needed one!

This afternoon, DH took the children to the park so that I could dye my hair without one or other of them trying to climb up onto my knee. Now when you're alone in the house, with a headful of brown Nice & Easy, what are you going to do to pass the time? Why, make Laura a new dressing gown of course!

Okay, so I could have tackled the pile of UFOs that somehow built up while I was busy working. Or I could have cleaned the kitchen. But I wanted to sew something quick & easy & fun - the kind of bonus, unplanned frivolous sewing you do when you are unexpectedly given some time. And Laura really did need a new dressing gown. The problem was I didn't have a pattern. Or rather, I had one that was single-sized for a much smaller child than Laura.



With a fair amount of hacking (which would have been more accurate if I'd got the measuring tape involved!) and some very quick & dirty sewing, I produced this fleecy whale robe.
It isn't perfect - I would have been surprised beyond measure if it had been - but it's better than the too-small hand-me-down Thomas the Tank Engine robe she's been wearing for the last couple of months. And it's pink with whales on it, so she really likes it. Job done!



1 comment:

Teagan said...

Appreciate this bloog post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...