Or so says Millie from Needles and Haystacks, and I'm sure she wouldn't tell lies. Mind you, when I saw the 'Hi, there's an award for you over on my blog' comment on my email, my first thought was 'what are the !*&! spammers up to now...' (I would explain that I've had an absolute pig of a cold for the last 3 weeks, which has impaired my usual sunny positive attitude to life). So now I feel guilty for having unjustly uncharitable thoughts about the spammers.
As part of the award process I have to tell you 7 things you didn't know about me, and nominate 7 other bloggers for the award. Well the latter should be easy - my Blog Stash is going to need a separate room soon. But the former? As any script-writer will tell you - contentment does not make for mass-entertainment. So, having lowered your expectations, here goes:
1. I met my husband online. I like online - it's a nice place and, on the whole, there are nice people on it. My husband is one of those. We got engaged 6 months afer we met and were married 4 months after that.
2. I hate honey, brussel sprouts and celery.
3. I have been vegetarian for over 20 years, as has my husband. As a result, so are the children. I shall however be very surprised if either of my children are vegetarian in 20 years' time.
4. I whinged less when I had sarcoidosis than when I get a cold.
5. I am mildly obsessive. For instance, I dream about sewing. A troublesome garment will keep me awake at night. A very troublesome garment will have me shouting unreasonably at the children and snapping even more unreasonably at my husband. I am very lucky to have such a forgiving family.
6. One day I will make a flawless garment (please see item 5....)
7. Before I had children I worked as a Legal Executive representing asylum seekers and immigrants. That was quite stressful and very rewarding. Excellent training for motherhood, in fact.
Now for my 7 nominees: Katie, Maya, LiEr, Debbie, Cascade Lily, Keiler, Kelly. Extremely creative bloggers, all of you. Some of you may have mantlepieces groaning with Kreativ Blogger awards and if so, just put this one behind the aspidistra - I won't take offence!