Friday 31 December 2010

Here's to a kinder 2011...

It's been a ho-hum kind of year... Between sickness & bereavement, I can't say I'm sorry to see the back of 2010. My father-in-law has the right idea - we shut the door on 2010 and face 2011 without fear. He's a sensible man.

So, although I'm not a New Year Resolutions kind of person, we made some resolutions over tea tonight:

Laura - I lobbied hard for her 'using her manners' but she went for 'being nicer to James.' And stopping biting her nails. Sometimes I'm not sure she's only three, you know...

James will 'stop being mean to Laura'. No arguments there!

Nigel will go to bed earlier so he will have more patience the next day.

Me - I will be less shouty (I wish I'd videoed James as he nodded wisely at this one). Oh, and to also stop biting my nails. Laura and I are going to do it together, and as our treat at the end of each gnaw-free day, we will rub a little riotously expensive Neals Yard Remedies nail-cream into our formerly ill-treated digits.

I also need to lose about 3 stone (aka 42lbs) but didn't mention this to the children - they have very healthy attitudes to food and I don't want to give them any mixed messages. I am, however, mentioning it to you to give you a taster of the very dull 'loss/gain' posts that I'll be spewing out in 2011. You may want to switch off your sets now...

But before you do, I wish you all a healthy, peaceful and, above all, kind new year.

1 comment:

Beangirl said...

I like these resolutions, they all seem very practical (and therefore achievable, which is the most practical of all, right?).

As for the weight loss, you just give it your best shot and see what happens (that's my attitude anyway). Post away!

Good luck for the new year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...